Andrew Saundry is a candidate for Montgomery County Democratic Central Committee.
From his website (www.andrewsaundry.com):
“Andrew Saundry is a Progressive Democratic organizer based out of his hometown of Germantown, MD. A recent graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, Andrew is proud to serve Montgomery County Democrats as President of the Germantown Democratic Club and an At-Large member of your Democratic Central Committee. He is committed to expanding the big tent that is the Democratic Party by registering new young voters and ensuring disillusioned voters find a home with us.”
Below are his answers to our important questions:
- If the MoCo government was a dictatorship, what’s the first thing you would do as its unquestioned supreme leader?
Rename the County “58 Corners” for the 39 Census Designated Places and 19 Municipalities. That and monorail.
- Which superhero would you hire to run MCPS and why?
Spider-Man because, despite his age, he’s the only superhero that I’m aware of who actually went to a public school.
- Mosquitos or cicadas?
- If Elon Musk offered 44 billion dollars to buy Montgomery County, how would you respond?
He’s low-balling us. I would settle for no less than $500 trillion and a half share of his Mars colony.
- Which Golden Girl are you and why?
I’ve never actually seen it, but based on a quick Wikipedia study of the characters, Dorothy?
- If you had to send a mixtape to your opponent(s), what songs would it include?
What’s a mixtape?
- Who would you Kiss/Marry/Kill between Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg?
I’m hurt by the exclusion of Germantown from this list, so I pass.
- You’re watching a baseball game and the umpire blows a call that ruins the game for your team. Tear him a new one in 6 words or less.
I wouldn’t say anything, I would simply relocate his car and tell him that the “City of Silver Spring” towed it.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you that this survey will be posted all over social media?
- If you had to earn a very important endorsement with a cheesy pick-up line, what would yours be?
I was always terrible at pickup lines, but here it goes: Are you the Ag Reserve? Because I want to be conserved in office and an endorsement from you would be a historic investment to that end.
Oh, Andrew, for someone who has never heard of a mixtape, you make our heart skip a beat.