Evan Glass is a candidate for Montgomery County Council At-Large.
From his website (www.evanglass.com):
“Evan Glass is an At-Large member of the Montgomery County Council. He is the first openly LGBTQ+ individual to serve on the Council. Since his election to the County Council in 2018, Evan has passed the Montgomery County Pay Equity Act, the Housing Justice Act, the LGBTQ+ Bill of Rights, and the Oversight and Small Business Investment Act. As an environmental and social justice leader, he successfully led the initiative to make public buses free for all children under the age of 18, expanded food composting for residents and restaurants, and amended the county charter to add two additional council districts.”
Below are his answers to our important questions:
- If the MoCo government was a dictatorship, what’s the first thing you would do as its unquestioned supreme leader?
The first thing I would do is enact ranked choice voting – democracy rules.
- Which superhero would you hire to run MCPS and why?
Charles Xavier, who would help increase funding so we can pay all of our superhero teachers.
- Mosquitos or cicadas?
Cicadas, as their chirping distracts me from Twitter.
- If Elon Musk offered 44 billion dollars to buy Montgomery County, how would you respond?
I’d first call FTC Commissioner and Rockville resident Alvaro Bedoya to file a complaint. I would then tweet Musk telling him #MontgomeryCountyIsNotForSale.
- Which Golden Girl are you and why?
I’m definitely Dorothy because of her ability to quickly assess a situation, speak openly and honestly, and remain a trusted friend.
- If you had to send a mixtape to your opponent(s), what songs would it include?
The first song would be Lauryn Hill’s Lost Ones
- Who would you Kiss/Marry/Kill between Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg?
Montgomery County is home to four of the ten most diverse communities in the United States. We need to celebrate our differences.
- You’re watching a baseball game and the umpire blows a call that ruins the game for your team. Tear him a new one in 6 words or less.
Umpires, just like election judges, are people trying to do their best. I’d rather not tear anyone down.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you that this survey will be posted all over social media?
Enjoy the free content, Zuckerberg.
- If you had to earn a very important endorsement with a cheesy pick-up line, what would yours be?
To paraphrase Julia Roberts in Notting Hill: “I’m just a candidate sitting in front of an editorial board asking them to endorse him.“
Evan, to paraphrase Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman: “We appreciate the whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let us give you a tip: We’re a sure thing.”