Troy Murtha is a candidate for Montgomery County Council District 4.
From his website (www.troymurtha.com):
“Troy first came to Montgomery County in 1997, at the age of 2, when his family moved into a house in Kensington. After attending Montgomery County Public Schools, Troy attended Princeton University where he studied computer engineering and wrestled. After graduating from undergrad in 2017, Troy returned to the Montgomery County in 2019 to study law. While in law school Troy began volunteering with the Rockville Volunteer Fire Department: working as an EMT at night and attending law school by day. The fire department exposed Troy to some of the most vulnerable populations in Montgomery County, while the law school educated Troy on the responsibilities of an effective government. The conflation of these careers inspired Troy’s entrance into politics.”
Below are his answers to our important questions:
- If the MoCo government was a dictatorship, what’s the first thing you would do as its unquestioned supreme leader?
If? What the hell am I running for then?
- Which superhero would you hire to run MCPS and why?
I would request Dolly Parton but she probably has more important things to do.
- Mosquitos or cicadas?
Cicadas, no question. If elected, I will enact a multi-billion dollar program to convince them to return more frequently. Perhaps every 16 or even 15 years.
- If Elon Musk offered 44 billion dollars to buy Montgomery County, how would you respond?
Would you settle for Gaithersburg?
- Which Golden Girl are you and why?
Rose, no question: competitive yet kind.
- If you had to send a mixtape to your opponent(s), what songs would it include?
I would start with a few minutes of ambient cicada music to get them calm, then switch to “We Will Rock You by Queen”, and finish up with “Zero to Hero” from the Hercules soundtrack.
- Who would you Kiss/Marry/Kill between Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg?
Well, I already sold Gaithersburg to Elon, so I’m going to kiss Bethesda and marry Silver Spring.
- You’re watching a baseball game and the umpire blows a call that ruins the game for your team. Tear him a new one in 6 words or less.
“Switch careers, the Takoma Torch is hiring.“
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you that this survey will be posted all over social media?
- If you had to earn a very important endorsement with a cheesy pick-up line, what would yours be?
Hey WaPo, are you a time traveler? Because I see you in my future
We’re here now, Troy. And we won’t wait for you forever.