Gabe Albornoz is a candidate for Montgomery County Council At-Large.
From his website (www.gabealbornoz.zom):
“Gabe is seeking a second term because he is committed to ensuring that government can provide a solid foundation for what is most important to us: communities with excellent schools, housing for residents, strong economic development, green spaces for recreation and relaxation, safe neighborhoods, robust libraries, a community with strong public health and where Seniors can age with grace and support, a healthy environment and a safety net that ensures food, housing and health for our vulnerable residents.”
Below are his answers to our important questions:
- If the MoCo government was a dictatorship, what’s the first thing you would do as its unquestioned supreme leader?
Taco Tuesdays anyone?
- Which superhero would you hire to run MCPS and why?
Storm; because the leader of MCPS has to know their way around them.
- Mosquitos or cicadas?
Cicadas. They are like recessions, you only have to deal with them every 12 to 17 years. Plus they taste good dipped in chocolate (so I have been told…).
- If Elon Musk offered 44 billion dollars to buy Montgomery County, how would you respond?
“Elon, you do realize the deal includes Robin Ficker right?”
- Which Golden Girl are you and why?
Probably Dorothy, I’ve always been labeled the responsible one.
- If you had to send a mixtape to your opponent(s), what songs would it include?
Aretha Franklin “R-E-S-P-E-C-T”; Tribe Called Quest: “Can I kick it”; Eagles: “Take it easy”; Bobby McFerrin: “Don’t worry, be happy”.
- Who would you Kiss/Marry/Kill between Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Gaithersburg?
I’d invite them all to the Ag Reserve, Survivor style, and let them work it out for themselves. My money is on Jud Ashman though.
- You’re watching a baseball game and the umpire blows a call that ruins the game for your team. Tear him a new one in 6 words or less.
“You remind me of Dan Snyder.”
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous are you that this survey will be posted all over social media?
- If you had to earn a very important endorsement with a cheesy pick-up line, what would yours be?
“Hey @WashPost, are you tired? Because you have been running through my mind all day.” And of course: “Hey Takoma, you Torch my world.”
Well, Gabe, if you’re on fire, then maybe we should stop, drop, and roll together.